User Rental Agreement
User Rental Agreement
(Please Print, Read and Keep)
CAMP GREENWOOD agrees to permit Licensee to use the property identified in the Agreement as “Facility Requested” according to the following terms and conditions. The Agreement includes the use of all improvements to the Facility, except those which CAMP GREENWOOD expressly excludes by so notifying the Licensee’s representative upon his/her arrival at the Facility.
CAMP GREENWOOD shall provide meals as specified under food service in accordance with an estimate of the number of diners furnished CAMP GREENWOOD at least five days in advance of the service of the first meal. If licensee prepares its own food, it assumes all responsibility for any foods prepared and for all activities incident to their preparations and shall hold CAMP GREENWOOD harmless from any and all liability therein. Licensee agrees to assist with food service as requested by CAMP GREENWOOD and to assist with supervision over the use of the dining facilities.
- Use of Premises and Schedule
- During the term of this Agreement, Licensee shall use the Facility for conducting a program of its own design and shall comply with all applicable laws, codes, and regulations. Licensee shall notify CAMP GREENWOOD of the nature of program, and shall promptly supply CAMP GREENWOOD with information concerning the program upon request by CAMP GREENWOOD. CAMP GREENWOOD prohibits hunting, fireworks, firearms, ammunition and explosives at the camp. The use of gasoline, flammables, poisonous substances, and hand and power tools are restricted. Prior authorization from the Director must be obtained
- The use or possession of alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted on camp property.
- Pets are not permitted on camp property
- No one shall enter the lake unless a qualified lifeguard is supervision the waterfront. CAMP GREENWOOD will either provide appropriately trained staff or will determine the minimum qualifications for said lifeguard, which will generally be a minimum of a Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate.
- If other specialized program activity areas or equipment are part of the camp, CAMP GREENWOOD will either provide appropriately trained staff or will determine minimum qualifications for said supervision.
CAMP GREENWOOD shall provide water, electricity, and garbage disposal without charge to Licensee
CAMP GREENWOOD shall maintain the Facility in good condition and repair and shall provide janitorial services to the premises and buildings. CAMP GREENWOOD shall provide beds, mattresses, kitchen utensils, dishes, and other equipment necessary for the operation of the Facility Requested and the camp. Licensee agrees to assist in keeping the Facility Requested and the camp clean, and shall leave the Facility Requested and the camp free of defacement.
- CAMP GREENWOOD does not provide medical supervision, treatment, maintenance, or dispensing of medications for campers. These responsibilities belong to the Licensee.
- Licensee agrees to furnish a qualified adult to provide basic health supervision. A qualified adult is at least 21 years of age and possesses at least a certificate of training in the principles of first aid and CPR. Licensee must bring their own first aid supplies and equipment.
- Licensee’s contact person shall bring and have available at all times a current list of participants that includes: names and addresses, emergency contact information, and known allergies or health conditions. Also, for each participant (camper and staff member) under the age of 18 and not accompanied by their parent or guardian, a signed form granting permission to seek emergency treatment.
- Licensee’s agrees to furnish at least one counselor, age 18 years or older, who is trained in the principles of first aid, for each ten campers under 17 years of age.
- Emergency transportation is available through local emergency response groups by dialing 911. Licensee agrees to furnish non-emergency transportation.
- Licensee will prohibit smoking. Open fires may be built only in the campfire area. It is understood that both CAMP GREENWOOD and Licensee must comply with all lawful orders of appropriate fire control officials.
- Use of vehicles at the camp is restricted to roads and parking areas designated by the Director. Posted speed limits shall be obeyed.
- Once at the Facility Requested and the camp, the Licensee is required to participate in a brief orientation to CAMP GREENWOOD safety regulations and emergency procedures, led by the Director or designee.
- Guaranteed Minimum Fee- the Guaranteed Minimum Fee is based on the number of persons guaranteed by Licensee. It will be charged to Licensee even if fewer persons use the Facility that Licensee guaranteed, or if Licensee terminates this Agreement without using the Facility.
- Additional User Fees- If more persons use the “Facility Requested” than the Licensee guaranteed, Licensee shall pay to CAMP GREENWOOD an additional fee. This fee will represent the use of the Facility by the additional persons, and will be calculated by totaling the individual charges for each additional person’s lodging or day use fee, meal charges, and other person fees where applicable.
- Breakage and Damage- Licensee agrees to pay CAMP GREENWOOD the amount reasonably necessary to repair or replace property or equipment damaged or destroyed during Licensee’s use.
- Payment Terms- Licensee agrees to deliver payment in full to a representative of CAMP GREENWOOD prior to Licensee’s arrival at the “Facility Requested” and the camp Exceptions must be approved by CAMP GREENWOOD prior to arrival.
- Liability for Injury to Persons or Property
- Licensee agrees to supervise and to assume full control and responsibility for any
- persons, entities or things other than CAMP GREENWOOD personnel or property who/which are for any reason, on the facility by reason of Licensee’s program or use of facility.
- Licensee agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CAMP GREENWOOD and it’s past, present and future members, directors, officers, employees, agents and independent contractors and its and their successors, assigns and heirs from and against any harm and/or claim made by any third party arising out of any way connected with Licensees actions and/or failures to act in respect of its use of the “Facilities Requested” and the camp
- For the purpose of this section “any person” includes, but is not limited to, Licensee’s agents and employees, participants in Licensee’s program and Licensee’s visitors.
- Licensee warrants that the person signing the Agreement has the authority to execute the agreement on its behalf.
- This Agreement may be altered or amended only by written agreement of both parties
- CAMP GREENWOOD reserves the right to require that the Licensee remove from the camp any persons in, or in any way connected with Licensee’s group who, in the sole opinion of CAMP GREENWOOD are creating a disturbance or who are otherwise disrupting activities on said Facility. Licensee agrees to permit only authorized persons to enter the Facility and shall take all necessary steps to remove unauthorized persons from the said Facility
- Licensee agrees that the total number of participants on the premises will not exceed the Facility Building Maximum capacity at any time.
- CAMP GREENWOOD may terminate this Agreement without any liability upon 10 days prior written notice to Licensee either 1) without cause 2) upon determination by CAMP GREENWOOD in its sole and exclusive judgement, that the requirements of the State Fire Marshal, the Department of Health and Safety or any statute, rule or regulation of any federal, state or local body, imposes undue requirements or hardship on CAMP GREENWOOD.
- In the event of cancellation by Licensee, Licensee will be released from payment of the Guaranteed Minimum Fee provided CAMP GREENWOOD receives written notice of the termination no late than 90 days prior to the event.