Camp Westminster on Higgins Lake and Camp Greenwood near Greenville are partnering to provide even more young people with the special opportunities of attending summer camp. We are sharing some staff. We are finding opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements through shared administrative functions. Camp Director Suzanne Bates and Fund Development Director Jim Bates are providing leadership for both camps.
Greenwood depends upon the generous support of you, our extended camp community. Below are just a few ways you can support Greeenwood as we prepare for another great summer season.
1. Register your child, grandchild, neighbor, church member for camp online at campgreenwood.org/register or call us at 616-754-7258 or mail in your registration form.
2. Plan a family camp, men’s work weekend, youth retreat, mission trip at Greenwood this summer and fall at campgreenwood.org
3. Make a donation to the scholarship fund at campgreenwood.org/donation
4. Put a link to the camp website on your church’s website.
5. Put Greenwood’s bulletin blurbs in your bulletins, go to campgreenwood.org/subscribe to make sure you are on our email list and then forward emails to others.
6. Plan a Camp Sunday or family night and invite a Greenwood representative to be there.
7. Like us on Facebook, comment on posts and share them.
8. Volunteer to be a camp chaplain for a week.
9. Volunteer to be the camp nurse for a week.
10. With your church’s mission committee put together backpacks for camp for nancially challenged campers.
11. Pray for staff that are coming to camp or adopt and support a staff member for the summer.
12. Keep the ministry and all those who serve there in your prayers.
A week at camp is a chance to take a break from electronics and really experience the people and world around you.
A week of camp is a unique opportunity to make summer memories which last a lifetime. Catch the early registration discount on a week of Greenwood summer! Get your camper signed up by March 31 to receive $25 off each registration.
If you’re looking for a mini-mission opportunity, here it is!
Camp Greenwood holds its Spring Clean-Up Day as a way of getting camp transformed from winter slumber to be ready for summer action! Work will include raking paths, cleaning cabins, recycling unused equipment, removing shutters, putting up screens and doing some minor repairs. There is a job for every one and every ability! No special skills are needed.
It is refreshing to spend a day at camp after a cold winter. You’ll meet fun co-workers, have a great camp meals and serve a worthy cause. Most importantly, many hands will make light work for everyone!
Plan to bring any personal work items and some clothes to get dirty.
Please call or email us with any questions.
Please RSVP by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and any special needs of people a ending.
You may have been putting it off but now is the time to get signed up for summer camp. Last early registration deadline is right around the corner!
We’ve got a great summer in the works. We’ve been busy hiring a great staff and putting together another amazing summer program.
Register by March 31 to get $25 per person off your summer registration fee. Signing up two kids for camp (with the sibling discount), nets you a $75 discount!
See you this summer!